Dual M.A. in Communication and Information Sciences
Dual M.A. in Communication and Information Sciences (with Tilburg University)
The Dual M.A. program allows a student to complete coursework and research while affiliated with both Bilkent COMD and Tilburg University in the Netherlands. The language of study at both Bilkent and Tilburg is English. The dual M.A. gives students the opportunity to further expand their horizons to an international scale, connecting expertise in the field of communication studies with real experience abroad. Students enrolled in the dual M.A. will spend two semesters at Bilkent (60 ECTS) before traveling to Tilburg to complete one year of further coursework (60 ECTS) that also includes a master’s thesis. While the program is designed to be completed in two years – four semesters plus a summer in Tilburg – extensions are allowable as long as the entire dual degree program is completed within three years.
Graduates of the program will receive an M.A. degree from Bilkent plus an M.A. degree from Tilburg in one of six areas of specialization:
- Human Aspects of Information Technology
- Business Communication and Digital Media
- Intercultural Communication
- Communication Design
- Data Journalism
- Management of Cultural Diversity
Prerequisites for admission:
- An undergraduate degree with a minimum 2.5 GPA (or equivalent)
- A minimum score of 55 in ALES OR GRE scores with a combined verbal and quantitative total of 950 (minimum) and a score of 3.5 in analytical writing.
- Proficiency in English as determined by TOEFL, IELTS, FCE, KPDS, or ÜDS scores.
- Applicant interview at Bilkent conducted by faculty from Bilkent and Tilburg.
To continue with the Tilburg-based portion of the program requires a minimum CGPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 at the end of the second semester of study at Bilkent.
Students proceeding to Tilburg after completing their courses at Bilkent may also be required to enroll in a Statistics and Research Methodology course specifically designed for Communication and Information Sciences students. Depending on the student’s previous background in statistical research, he/she might be required to complete this module and/or pass a qualifying exam in order to be admitted to the program.
For more information about the Dual M.A. program, including detailed degree requirements,